A father of one of the Chibok girls who were abducted by the deadly Boko Haram sect, has spoken out about the effect of his daughter’s kidnap on his wife.
Mr. Pogu Yama, one of the parents of the rescued Chibok schoolgirls, Margaret Yama, has recalled his bitter experience during his daughter’s three-year abduction.
According to The Punch, the distressed father, who spoke on Monday, said Margaret’s abduction caused the death of his wife in 2015, adding that he was anxiously waiting to see his daughter.
He stated, “Yes, my daughter is among those newly released. I have not yet received any call from Abuja or contacted by the government.
“My son is in Nyanya, Abuja, also to monitor events. He confirmed to me that Margaret is among the girls released. He said he had seen her lookalike on the television.
“I want to see her. My wife is dead. She died in 2015 as a result of worries over Margaret’s abduction. She died on June 4, 2015.”
Also, a leader of the Kibaku Area Development Association, which superintends the Chibok community, Dr. Manasseh Allen, said some parents of the freed Chibok girls had yet to know that their daughters had been released.
He said, “Some of the parents of the freed girls are not even in the know that their daughters have been found. They are not in a place where they can access information.
“I have verified those names, but they are full of spelling errors. This is why we feel the government should work with the Chibok community to clarify all these areas.”
The spokesperson for the BringBackOurGirls campaigners, Sesugh Akume, said, “It is not unusual that the Federal Government would leave the parents of the recovered girls in the dark. During the third anniversary, we had to struggle at the Aso Rock Villa to see the President.
“You and I know that the government had had the names of the 82 girls since Saturday. We are not complaining but things are so upside down, that we sometimes think we are the ones who are not okay.”